Ojio Organic Coconut Palm Sugar is cultivated on the Indonesian island of Java. The sugar itself is derived from the evaporated sweet nectar of sugar blossoms that grow at the top of tropical palm trees (Cocos Nucifera). Used as a 1:1 replacement for cane sugar, Palm Sugar is naturally low on the Glycemic Index (GI); rated at a GI 35, in comparison, most honey is a GI 55, and Jose Cane Sugar a GI 68. Coconut Palm Sugar has also been known to deliver a slow release of energy, to sustain the human body through daily activities without the "highs" and "lows" associated with cane sugar. Coconut Palm Sugar also has a nutritional content far richer than any other commercially available sweeteners.
- Loaded with Potassium, Magnesium, Zinc, and Iron.
- A natural source of vitamins B1, B2, B3, B6 and C.
- A very low melting and a tremendously high burn temperature.
- Dissolves in water, making it extremely versatile.
- It is perfect as a sweetener in smoothies, shakes, spreads, cereals, energy bars, and deserts of all kinds.
- A perfect complement to our cacao products for both nutrition and taste.
Please note that Palm Sugar is not Raw.