Greetings Boys and Girls,
I wanted to make a quick post and let everyone know that “Zen and the Art of Gadgeting” is now available in print form. The magic of the internet has put self-publishing in the hands of the masses. I used the online service from Createspace to put together the print version of “Zen”. It was pretty easy, especially since I had the ebook completed. The published version is printed in color and has a full color glossy cover. The purchase price is $15. Click the link to access the purchase page.
I also made the decision to charge $6 to download the ebook. This will help to keep my cupboards stocked with goji berries and spirulina. I hope most of you took the opportunity to download it for free. When I’m not working on this self-publishing endeavor I’ve been moving forward with my other recipe book, “The Live Food Experience: Book 1”. I’ll be sure to let everyone know when it is available.
Did you hear that Oprah Winfrey is giving away a talk show? Yes Oprah is having a contest on her “My Own” website in which people submit ideas for their own talk show. Watch my submission and give it a vote, maybe we can get a truly health conscious show on TV. It’s a long shot but crazier things have happened.
Summer Sea Veggie Salad
- 1/4 C dry dulse
- 1/4 C dry hiziki
- 1 medium sized sweet onion – diced
- 1 yellow squash or zucchini – diced
- 1 apple – matchstick cut
- 1 avocado – cubed
- 4 celery sticks – diced
- 1 t lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 t Himalayan salt
- 2 T chick pea miso or other unpasteurized miso
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 t tamari
- 2 t apple cider vinegar
- 1 t red pepper paste
- Place sea veggies in a bowl and soak for 30 minutes.
- Cut the onion and lightly salt. Set aside in a small bowl.
- Prepare other ingredients by hand or use a mandolin to slice. Place in large bowl.
- Add onions to larger bowl.
- Rinse sea vegetables and add to large bowl.
- Prepare sauce in a blender or hand mix in bowl or jar. Pour over salad and serve.